Below are some frequently asked questions. If you have a question that does not appear here, ask it!
Q: What format would you like submissions to come in?
A: We would prefer submissions in .doc or .docx files or .pdf, but we’re flexible as long as your formatting is clear and easy to read. If you have special formatting, please do not paste your story into the body of an e-mail.
Also, please note if you have special formatting as it sometimes does not display correctly. This way we can check with you if something looks incorrect. I.e. if your poem about whales is in the shape of a whale, tell us.
Preferred formatting: Times New Roman, double-spaced, with 12-point font and one-inch margins on all sides.
Q: Should I include my address?
A: Please, if you are going to send your work as a PDF, don’t include your address on it. We don’t want to put your address on the Internet.
Q: Are you going to pay me for my writing?
A: No, sorry. All we can offer right now is the glory of having your name & work be featured on thefuriousgazelle.com. But, every now and then we will run a contest for a small prize, in which case, you’re compensated.
Q: Do you have a print copy of the Gazelle?
A: Not at this moment. However, we are planning to print one in the future, and if your work goes up on our site we may put your work in our publication. We will notify you and ask permission to republish when and if this happens.
Q: How long should I expect to hear from you after I submit something?
A: We typically respond to submissions within two to four months. If you have any questions about the status of your submission, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Q: Do you accept poetry/fiction/”X” genre/presidential slash fiction/etc.?
A: Sure! Send us anything you want and we’ll consider it. We’re currently taking art and writing, in any form, medium and genre.
Q: Will I retain copyright to my submission after it is posted on your website?
A: Yes. See disclaimer below for more fun legal info.
Q: Do you accept simultaneous submissions?
A: Yes but notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere so that we can refrain from publishing it if you no longer have the rights.
Q: My piece has been previously published. Will you accept it?
A: Yes, as long as you own the copyright. If it was on your personal blog or somewhere else that did not take the copyright, that is fine.
The Furious Gazelle reserves the right to update or change this disclaimer at any time without prior notification.
This page was last updated on April 12, 2014
Attention Readers and Contributors of The Furious Gazelle:
*Writing, art and photography at this site are copyrighted by the individual authors, photographers and artists, and may not be copied or redistributed without their permission.
*Submission to The Furious Gazelle will be counted as permission to publish your piece unless you specifically withdraw your work. Notify us immediately if you have sold the rights elsewhere.
*Opinions expressed in the works that appear in this publication, written or visual, are solely the opinions of the respective authors and do not represent the opinions of The Furious Gazelle.
*The Editorial Staff of The Furious Gazelle shall not be liable for any claim for damages, including lost profits or other consequential, exemplary, incidental, indirect or special damages, relating in any way to the documents, files or other data accessible on or through this web site, including, but not limited to, claims arising out of or related to electronic accessor transmission of data or viruses.
*The Furious Gazelle reserves the right to remove any writing, photography or art from this website at any time for any reason.
*You acknowledge that you are the author of the writing, or artist/photographer of any art/photography that you are submitting and that you (still) hold the copyright to (re)distribute this work.
*You acknowledge that the writing you are submitting for publication on The Furious Gazelle does not contain libelous references.
*The Editorial Staff reserves the right to make minor grammatical and punctuation corrections to submissions.
*You agree that you will retain the copyright to your work (art, writing, photography). All published work may be archived online.
*The Furious Gazelle may keep an online archive of the issue in which your writing, photography or art appears.
- This Website may contain links that can be accessed through links on World Wide Web sites of other institutions, individuals or groups.
- The Furious Gazelle does not have responsibility for the contents, availability, operation or performance of any websites to which this Website may link or be linked or from which this Website may access or be accessed.
- By using links provided on this site that lead to sites other than The Furious Gazelle, you agree to hold the Editorial Staff of The Furious Gazelle harmless from any liability resulting from your use of those sites.
- If you post a link to The Furious Gazelle on your personal or business website, you agree to hold the Editorial Staff of The Furious Gazelle harmless from any liability resulting from the posting of said link.
- Access to this Website may be monitored. The requesting URLs, the machine originating the request, and the time of the request may be logged for access statistics and security purposes.
- Reference to any product, process, publication, service, or offering of any third party by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply the endorsement or recommendation of such by the Editorial Staff of the The Furious Gazelle.