By Philip J Kaplan
Five people you won’t believe were in DR Who.
1) Tim Witherspoon, DAY OF THE DALEK.
Tim Witherspoon is known as “plumber to the stars.” He is known for snaking Robert Deniro’s backyard drain, replacing two of Snooki’s sinks, and fixing Mel Gibson’s leaking toilet. As a favor to Tina Fey, Tim appeared in DAY OF THE DALEK. Seen here with Russel Crowe.
2) Sheila O’Lancey NIGHTMARE IN SILVER
Sheila O’Lancey made her debut in the sit-com, FOOT BLISTERS (1987) where she stole the show as the Foreign Customer. She’s had other memorable roles playing the Shocked customer in TWISTED ANKLE (1987), the Alarmed Customer in BUNIONS (1987), and the Dismayed Customer in LEG CRAMPS (1987). She appeared in the classic Dr. Who episode, NIGHTMARE IN SILVER, seen here to the right of Jennifer Lawrence.
3) Amet. THE WEB OF FEAR
Before Amet became a singing sensation in Belorussia, he appeared in the recently rediscovered episode THE WEB OF FEAR (1968). Even today Amet cannot leave the concert stage without reprising his Dr. Who, catch phrase, “Yrgggghhhh.” In this picture you can see Amet in the middle, between Elvis Presley and Groucho Marx.
4) John Swammer. THE ONE WITH THE SILURIANS
John appeared in 6000 episodes of the famed Scottish TV show, HUNTERS LODGE. John played The Talisman, who would read the liver of each slain animal and proclaim the God’s verdict. Swammer successfully predicted the collapse of the Spanish economy, that Kale would be the next food trend, and that Anthony Weiner’s career would end over sexting. Sadly, he died in 2012, in a freak submarine/balloon accident. Swammer is seen here behind Joan Rivers.
5) 75 Tottingham Road. DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE
75 appeared in all 9 of the Harry Potter Movies, 7 James Bond films, and was also the scene of the Tottingham Road Killing (1975). At age 214 Tot, as 75 Tottingham Road is affectionately known, is going stronger than ever. In this picture, inside Tot we can see Beyonce, Vice President Joe Biden, and Taylor Swift on both the first and second floor.
You won’t believe these facts about President Dwight David Eisenhower
1) Eisenhower invented the phrase, “That’s what she said.”
2) The Lunar eclipse of August 12th, 1956 was cancelled because of an order from then President Eisenhower.
3) Eisenhower is the only President who is visible from space.
4) When filled with helium, Eisenhower expanded to three times his normal size and crushed houses.
5) Upon retirement Eisenhower lived in a hollowed out Spaghetti Squash, in Humbagumba, West Carolina. His wife Mamie lived in Southeast Carolina, in a house with 300 doors.
Five things you didn’t know about the movie CASABLANCA unless you watched it.
1) The main character is named Rick.
2) Sam’s musical instrument is the piano
3) The film was set in World War II and filmed during World War II. Incredibly, they did not yet know who would win the war.
4) Ilsa does not carry a cellphone.
5) If you look carefully you will see a cameo by famed movie actor Humphrey Bogart.
Philip J Kaplan (http://philipkaplan.weebly.